Whale Watching Charters
There is something magical about watching whales which appeals to almost everybody. Despite their enormous size, whales are graceful ocean dwellers who will dive, flip and tumble with ease. They form deep attachments to one another and scientists suspect they have complex emotions such as gratitude and sorrow. Watching whales interact and going about their business is an unforgettable sight that everybody should be able to enjoy during migration season (May – November). That’s one of the reasons why we offer whale watching Sydney residents and visitors can take advantage of. What’s more, rather than watching from the shore, we give our passengers the chance to enjoy whales at sea, aboard your own private boat for the day, Hoochie Mumma.
Why book a whale watching tour?
There are dozens of reasons why booking a tour to spot some of the beautiful whales which swim in our coastal waters is a great idea. Take a look at some of the advantages which cruising with us to spot the local sea life can bring:
- Around 20,000 Humpback and Southern Right Whales migrate past Sydney every single year. Certain waters are more likely to have whales in than others (Cape Solander and Barrenjoey Headland, for example), but there’s no guarantee the whales will be there on a particular date or at a particular time. Because we are out on the water regularly, we usually have a good idea where whales are likely to be found. Although we can’t promise to find you a whale, we do have a pretty good track record, and who doesn’t love a day out on the water regardless!
- See the whales close up on one of our tours. Because of their size, it’s just not possible for whales to swim safely too close to shore. This means that if you’re on land, you’re not going to see them clearly or get nearer. We take you away from Sydney’s shore directly to the whales, enabling you to experience these magnificent animals as near as is safe. What’s more, we can take you to several different whale spots in a single cruise, ensuring you get to see as many whales as possible during your time with us.
- Enjoy the whales from the comfort of our cruise ship. Often land-based whale watching involves arduous treks in order to find a prime view. With us, you can enjoy the comfort of our well-appointed vessel, with whale watching providing a wonderful form of entertainment whilst you enjoy a buffet, chat with friends or enjoy a cold drink.
- Our vessel has both covered and open areas, allowing you to watch the whales no matter what the weather is doing. Although whale watching is weather dependent (we value your safety and would never take you out if conditions were unsafe), cancellations by the captain are extremely rare.
- Whale watching is suitable for almost everyone. Ideal for corporate events or special occasions, whale watching is also a great activity to share with friends or as a family expedition. There is something about watching these majestic creatures which draws people together. People of all ages and abilities are able to enjoy whale watching, so it’s the perfect inclusive trip.
Why Sydney Charter Boat for your whale watching cruise?
We offer a complete solution to your cruise – with years of experience in both crewing a vessel and the hospitality business, we are able to tailor a party that’s designed to suit your specific requirements. When it comes to food and drink, we offer a selection of buffet options, as well as the opportunity to bring your own beverages or take advantage of our competitively priced drinks package.
The Hoochie Mumma is a 50-foot boat which has two levels. A great vessel for a party, facilities include a BBQ and a top-quality onboard sound system. In addition, the rear of the vessel has been specially adapted to provide an easy entry point to the water – ideal for passengers who wish to enjoy a quick dip before lunch! The high-quality decor and premium hospitality ensure every guest benefits from an exceptional experience when they come aboard for their whale-watching cruise.
We can take up to 45 guests aboard the Hoochie Mumma at a time, but if you’ve got a smaller party who wish to go and find some whales offshore, we limit these charters to groups of 12.
Quality catering on board
When you come and watch whales with us aboard the Hoochie Mumma, we aim to provide you with an unforgettable experience. This includes the menu, which we will agree with you in advance, or you can opt to BYO if you prefer. We can tailor the catering to suit your specific requirements. All food is freshly made with high-grade ingredients. Our goal is to provide you with restaurant-quality dining on board, for a refreshingly competitive price. If you want a specific dish, or have particular dietary requirements, let us know and we will do our best to make sure that your needs are catered for.
Expert team on hand for your whale watching tours
Because we organise and deliver your trip ourselves, we are able to ensure that everything goes to plan. With years of experience behind us, we provide tours, events and cruises for a wide variety of groups. We are committed to making sure that every passenger has a great time when they’re with us. If you want any particular entertainment or have any special requests for your trip, let us know and we will try to accommodate you.
A perfect option for birthdays, Christmas, corporate boat hire or simply a great day out, whale watching can be arranged for almost any time of day. If you wish to combine it with additional activities – for example music and dancing, an ocean swim or a BBQ, let us know and we can make it happen.
Call us now to discuss your booking arrangements and stand by to enjoy the whale watching cruise of a lifetime!